Friday, November 6, 2009

"due date" date

my sweet sister in law offered to watch sara this morning. so, ryan and i jumped on the opportunity to go hang out ... aka walk briskly... downtown.

we found this great barbecue place, dr. bells. maybe this doctor can help me along with the labor process...

this was all mine.

but, i left room for this beauty.

when we drove up to our home, sara was out playing... she looked so old to me today. sad.


i french braided her hair for the first time and surprisingly, she didn't pull it out. it's so fun having a girl.


so, today is my due date. 40 weeks. this kid has been cooking for quite awhile, huh? 40 weeks seems like an eternity until the end and then it seems like it went by so quickly.
if you asked me earlier this week i would have told you that i would be holding my little kicker by today. i have been contracting ever since tuesday. they got pretty consistent and hard so we went into the hospital, only to find out that i was still 4cm dilated and making no progress. they died down and we went home. it was so defeating. so as a result, my days have been filled with walking and trying any other old wive's tale in hopes that this baby will come before he's 9 pounds.
i've been enjoying the past few days, though. they have been gorgeous and filled with lots of sara and ryan time. so, i guess it was nice to have a false alarm...
now our bags are packed.

3 comments:

Christy said...

sorry you are still waiting - we can't wait to meet wilson too! i do LOVE that photography you were doing yesterday. great pictures!

Marci said...

I agree with Christy...what fun pictures! And LOL about walking briskly!!

Tiffany Dawn said...

LOVE that pic of your shadow! SO creative!!!

I totally did all that walking and I TOTALLY remember the due date coming and going and being kinda sad/annoyed/relieved/anxious/hopeful/etc! I swear I walked more in the last month than I had that entire year! I walked all over northpark- stairs and all, had margaritas & Mexican food, did wall squats (at the suggestion of my doula) and all sorts of other things! He'll be here soon though and you'll totally forget about this week!

Can't wait to meet him! LOVE you!!