Monday, January 19, 2009

i'm back...

from my self imposed blogging break (sorry for the absence) and a fun weekend with a dear friend. (my first away from my baby... big weekend!)
a few months ago my friend, Alisha, sent me a huge box of African fabric. the plan was to turn it into cute aprons to sell and help raise money for her work with Christopher House Ministries.
after the holidays, i finally had some time to finish a batch of aprons and flower broaches (with the help of some sweet friends- thanks Dana and Christy!)
so i hopped on a plane with a dozen aprons and headed to Alisha's this weekend to kick off this idea (and spend much needed time with a friend). her roommate, Erin, (who has the sweetest collection of tea cups) hosted a great tea party in honor of her new home and the Aprons for Africa trunk show! it was a fun time of meeting wonderful women and sharing a bit of my talent to raise money for someone i love.
here are the pictures of the finished project...

go take a look at my friend's blog.... Alisha on Location ... you won't be disappointed

p.s.- it was a huge success... thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your aprons turned out great! I love all the color! I hope you had a great trip!

Stacy

Christy said...

i love the names of the aprons. so glad that they all sold. you are so talented.

twopartssugar said...

These aprons are adorable!