Tuesday, March 4, 2008

i'm a mom?!

i'm realizing in both the simple and profound moments that i am a mom. i mean i know i'm a mom... trust me getting up at 2 in the morning with a crying baby lets you know your life has changed... but there are these moments when i am reminded that my heart has changed because of this little life. i was driving the other day (without sara) and looked down to notice elmo was riding in the cup holder next to me. never in my life before sara would a stuffed elmo be hanging out in my cup holder and it made me miss her (even in her whinniest and clingiest days). and this past thursday, as sara and i casually strolled through target, in the midst of her babbling and with a toothy grin out came, as sweet and quiet as could be a little "ma ma" ...


i stopped in the middle of the aisle and had this moment when my heart hurt with joy ... now i know that she wasn't intentionally calling out my name ... but she will one day... she is growing up and it hurts ... i want to watch her grow into who she was made to be... but it's bittersweet watching the process... (wow this turned into a baby blog real fast!)

also, only a mom could hate taz and bugs bunny (ok maybe those who grew up with them plastered on their baggy t-shirts could as well).....anyway...


they were the cheesy cartoon characters that adorned the band aids that covered my sweet baby's shot wounds on her chunky thighs... (by the way she weighed in at a whopping 22 pounds 6 onces at her 6 month check-up...my little porker!) ....

and finally i know i've become a mom when i genuinely get excited about bibs!
i'm pleased to show you my newest addition to my handmade baby gifts....

these oilcloth bibs are so easy to clean-up... every diaper bag should be equipped with one of these.... more styles to come



and these little cuties are backed in coordinating chenille and marked with baby's initial... i'm currently working on a few more....more pictures soon

oilcloth bibs will be priced at one for $10 or two for $16
chenille backed bibs with initial are priced at $15 each

happy beginning of march!
it's march...that's crazy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way the bibs turned out! Hooray for new pictures. The one of Sara in her Baby Nay are wonderful!
Stacy

The Texas VicHorns said...

I am excited you found my blog and now I, yours!! I love your designs! Congratulations on baby Sara, she is beautiful. :) How are you liking Texas? I am slowly settling in. I just finished my first cattle drive today! I'll add your link to my blog and I look forward to catching up.

-Meredith